- Psychiatric assessment and evidence-based personalized medication management for a variety of psychiatric conditions, including ADHD, Anxiety, Mood Disorders, PTSD, OCD, and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Pharmacogenetic Testing
- Please note that I do not provide custody or forensic evaluations
Dr. Heck is the founder of Treehouse Child Psychiatry and began the practice following the completion of his fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Virginia. A Charlottesville native, Dr. Heck received his B.S. in Biology from Virginia Commonwealth University where he graduated summa cum laude. He received his medical degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton, Florida, then returned home to Charlottesville where he completed his residency in General Psychiatry and his fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Virginia. While at UVA, Dr. Heck participated in academic research on video games, authoring a presentation on gaming that was presented at the American Psychiatric Association national conference.
After completing his training at UVA, Dr. Heck founded Treehouse Child Psychiatry with the goal of providing quality, evidenced-based, and personalized mental health care to the children, adolescents, and young adults of Charlottesville and the surrounding area. Dr. Heck treats a wide variety of mental health problems in children, adolescents, and young adults, including ADHD, Impulsive Behavior, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD, severe mood swings), Major Depressive Disorder and other forms of depression, Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Autism, OCD, and many other conditions. Dr. Heck has a passion for reducing mental health stigma and educating others about mental health. He enjoys playing music (guitar, drums, piano, and recording music), playing video games, and spending time with his family.
- B.S., Biology, Chemistry Minor, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2008
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2012
- Residency: Adult Psychiatry. University of Virginia, 2015
- Fellowship: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2017
Certifications and Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association
- Board certified in Adult Psychiatry
- Board eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry