- Psychiatric assessment and evidence-based personalized medication management for a variety of psychiatric conditions, including ADHD, Anxiety, Mood Disorders, PTSD, OCD, and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Psychotherapy (Supportive, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Psychodynamic)
- Pharmacogenetic Testing
- Please note that I do not provide custody or forensic evaluations
Dr. Phillips completed his undergraduate coursework at Virginia Commonwealth University, graduating Cum Laude in 2008. He then worked as a teaching assistant at The Faison School for Autism in Richmond, Virginia, educating students with autism spectrum disorders, utilizing individualized education plans, and developing individualized behavioral plans.
Dr. Phillips attended medical school at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Pennsylvania, graduating in 2014. During this time, he was selected as a Pittsburgh Schweitzer Fellow, completing over 300 hours of work with students with autism spectrum disorders at a school in an underserved community. During this program he provided education on healthy eating, recycling, gardening, life skills, and exercise. He later became a Pittsburgh Schweitzer Fellows Program mentor, aiding another fellow in continuing the project that he had established.
Dr. Phillips completed his adult psychiatry training at the University of Virginia, receiving extensive clinical training in both the inpatient and outpatient setting and serving on the UVA House Staff Council and serving as Chief Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellow. He also participated in scholarly activities including research in topics of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, being published in the Psychiatric Times for a comprehensive literature review on the available pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments of ADHD, and participating in the education and training of junior residents.
- B.S., Biology, Chemistry Minor, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2008
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2014
- Residency: Adult Psychiatry. University of Virginia, 2017
- Fellowship: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2017-June 2019
Certifications and Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association
- Board certified in Adult Psychiatry-December 2018
- Board eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry-June 2019
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry